Initial observations with 1PW 8 for iOS/iPadOS

r8ders2k
r8ders2k
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

Initially, I got the following Keyboard conflict...

I understand that both 1PW 7 and 1PW 8 can coexist, but is this an issue?

After the initial setup process, on both iOS and iPadOS, there's no difference in the app's icons, 1PW 7 vs. 1PW 8, when I later tap on "aA".

But when I tap on Manage Extensions there are different app icons.

It might be better to be able to distinguish between 1PW 7 and 1PW 8.

And lastly, how can I determine which version of the 1Password Extension for iOS and iPadOS? Or is that necessary?

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700045)
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: iOS & iPadOS

Comments

• @r8ders2k

Thank you for bringing this up! While it is generally safe to have both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 installed on the same iOS / iPadOS device during Early Access period, I would not recommend enabling Password AutoFill or 1Password for Safari from both. You'll almost certainly get conflicts that way, different icons or not. If you really want to have both installed on the same device, this would be my recommended configuration for testing:

1. Disable Password AutoFill for 1Password 7: In the Settings app select Passwords > AutoFill Passwords > Deselect 1Password 7
    2. On the same screen, select 1Password 8
    3. Disable 1Password for Safari from 1Password 7: In the Safari app tap aA > Manage Extensions > Deselect 1Password 7
    4. On the same screen, select 1Password 8

In all cases, the distinguishing mark between 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 is the icon — for the Early Access period the 1Password 8 icon has caution tape on either side of the keyhole icon.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.