1Password 8: Cancelling One-Time Password QR-Code-Scan prevents user from adding new fields to item

Options
XanderThunder
XanderThunder
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

When adding a One-Time Password to an item (the item type does not matter) in 1Password 8 Beta on iOS the following bug was found:
If the user cancells the QR-Code-Scan and afterwards tries to add another field to the item he/she is editing by tapping on the "+ add more" button, nothing happens. The menu to select the field type does not appear and the only thing that helps is to save or cancel the item edit. When entering the edit ones again, everything seems to work correctly, the menu on "+ add more" does appear when clicked.
See the screenshots below for detailed information (the underlined sections on screen have been clicked in the order they are numbered).

Additionally, I wanted to say, that I am extremely grateful for all the amazing work you guys (and girls) are putting into 1Password. It really has come a long way from the old days, which shows your dedication to creating the best password manager out there!
At the time when I first switched to Linux as my daily driver in mid 2021, the only viable options for a good password manager were 1Password 8 Beta and Bitwarden. And since I had already been a 1Password customer for years, the choice between the two was a no-brainer.
So I really want to thank you all, for making my life easier, less cluttered and most importantly, more secure!
Cheers!

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (build 80700045)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.3.1

Comments

• Hi @XanderThunder I was not able to reproduce the issue, I think I am following all of your steps correctly, can you verify in the video below:

Here's what I am doing in case it isn't clear:

1. Editing an item without a OTP password field
    2. Adding an OTP field
    3. Selecting the Scan a QR code button and then canceling the camera
    4. Clicking on Add More after canceling and seeing the field options pop up

PS– I am on 80700045 same as you should be, and I do have camera permissions on I just have the device face down while recording this.

• XanderThunder
    XanderThunder
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @Ricky_1P thank you for the super quick reply! Amazing support!
    I just now noticed that my iOS version wasn't fully up to date. After upgrading from iOS 15.3.1 to iOS 15.4.1 the issue seems to be gone. I also can't reproduce it anymore. Although it did happen consistently (even after fully closing down the app) on the previous version. Sorry for stealing your time with such a niche bug report, I should have checked if I was up to date on iOS beforehand.

You can close the discussion if you want :)

• No problem at all @XanderThunder I'm always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.