how do I fix windows hello coming up but not accepting my 1password after reboot. Cant get in

Options
gregg525
gregg525
Community Member

when i rebooted my computer, windows hello comes up with a prompt to enter a password. I enter the password for 1password and it doesnt take it. I cant get into 1password. Please help

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @gregg525, thanks for reaching out. You mentioned that a Windows Hello prompt appears after rebooting your computer, this would require your to input your Windows Hello PIN rather than your account password. Let me know how that goes!

Ali

• gregg525
    gregg525
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Ali. That doesnt work. It doesnt accept my pin. It asks for a password. I try my windows password and that doesnt work either. So I cant get into ipassword and it is driving me nuts. Please help. I need my vault back. This has happened before

• Hi @gregg525:

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble. Just to confirm a few things:

• Do you have any other devices signed into your 1Password account, and are you able to unlock 1Password there?
    • In some situations, Enhanced Windows Hello requires you to first unlock 1Password with your account password, then authenticate with Windows Hello (your PIN, or other Windows Hello authentication method)

If you do have other devices where you can unlock 1Password, you can unlock 1Password there, and confirm your 1Password account password and use that to unlock 1Password on your Windows device.

Additionally, I see you've reached out to us via email as well. If we need to dig in further with you, continuing the conversation there would be best.

Jack

ref: ZXM-46931-752

This discussion has been closed.