Trouble migrating from 1Password6 to 1Password7

Options
chadd
chadd
Community Member

I've been using a perpetual v6 license (started with v3), upgraded to v7 since Chrome integration broke. I set up a my.1Password.com account and installed the Mac app. I tried to import my old vault from Dropbox, but I can't because it's the old .agilekeychain file format. So I opened 1Password 7 and tried to sign in to my 1Password account by scanning the QR code from my emergency kit, but nothing happens when I do that. I tried signing in manually using my secret key and master password, but I get the message "Primary Profile Locked". The password works on my.1Password.com, so I know I'm using the correct one.

I've wasted an hour doing this, so I thought that I'll just go back to using 1Password 6 until I can get this fixed, but it looks like installing v7 removed v6 from my Mac, so now I have no access to my passwords.

I'm really regretting this "upgrade" decision

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• chadd
    chadd
    Community Member
    Options

I tried quitting 1Password and re-launching for the 3rd time, and 1Password7 loaded my old vault on launch and let me log into my 1Password account. It gave me a dialog to "convert my data" or something like that, but the app crashed when I clicked "yes". Now every time I try to open 1Password7, it crashes.

• chadd
    chadd
    Community Member
    Options

1Password6 with Dropbox sync was rock solid for years, but 1Password7 will only stay open for about 2 seconds before crashing.

• Hi @chadd:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have, and I'd like to apologize for the trouble you're running into.

To investigate the cause of this crash, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.