UI quirks making 1P8 feel non-native (and other things)

Options
Smileybarry
Smileybarry
Community Member

The beta is nice and it’s definitely great to use the same core across the entire line, but there’s a few issues that make the app feel not-native to me:

1. When reordering items in the Home tab, you don’t actually grab the list item, it “flies” on its own to where you drag it.
  2. Home feels a bit cluttered, even after I removed the stuff I don’t use. Can you add a “all items” tab? (or option to enable it) Or perhaps adding up to 2 tabs that point to a user-selected section, like: a tag, category, vault, etc.
  3. The keyboard opening right away on Search doesn’t fit other apps much. Apps with a search tab like: Instagram, Twitter, Apollo and others — open the tab but don’t focus on the search box on their own. Maybe this could house “past searches”? Recommended items powered by something Siri-like? Or just a “tap the search box to search”-like label
  4. There’s some scroll slowdown sometimes when you first (slowly, with momentum) scroll all the way up and the title becomes a in-page title, like in Settings.
  5. In item view, when you tap the location at the top, once the popover appears you can’t dismiss it by tapping above it, you have to drag it back down. (And you can drag anywhere for some reason)
  6. The “modified” label at the bottom has a detail toggle but it only changes to show “created”. If this is meant to show edit history then okay, but if it’s just created & modified I’d rather just always see both
  7. Watchtower splits passwords into strength, each label says “Show XX Excellent Passwords” but isn’t tappable (or at least does nothing when tapping it).

This is more of a preference but — when you delete an item, there’s a little overly with “view” + “undo”. The long fade, font, sizing and all feels out of place. Maybe it can look like the same widget Apple uses for App Store install prompts? I.e.:

Or Twitter’s implementation:

This is all on an iPhone 13 Pro not restored from backup or anything, running iOS 15.4.1. (So performance shouldn’t be an issue)

Comments

• Hi @Smileybarry Thank you very much for the feedback and helping us test our Early Access!

1. That's a good point we're working on this one to make it look/feel better.
    2. I'll take this feedback to the team, thanks!
    3. On our roadmap is to work on things to help users find their items faster as we make progress on that we will stop popping the keyboard :)
    4. I have not seen this one but I'll try to reproduce, it may be fixed in the next build
    5. We are tracking this one should be fixed soon!
    6. This one is still in the work but you are correct the only thing in that drop down for now is created time as well.
    7. We are aware of that one as well but the fix unfortunately did not make the initial cut, stay tuned!
    8. That's a good idea, I'll chat with the design team to see what they think!

ref: dev/core/core#14448

This discussion has been closed.