Vault Template improvements

Options
JohannesKnust
JohannesKnust
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Business and Teams

Dear all,
I started to use the beta feature of Vault Templates.
After some tests, I have two ideas to improve the usability and one question.

Improvements:
1. While editing a vault template: The possibility to add items in between or move items example text/url should be available
2. When I copy a default 1Password Vault, the field names should stay

Question:
1. How to sort the list of vaults item templates when creating a new vault in the desktop client?
(To be precise, while the Vault Private is selected the sorting is not clear to me)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.5.BETA-0 (70905000)
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOs 12.3.1

Comments

• JohannesKnust
    JohannesKnust
    Community Member
    Options

Did I place my post in the wrong section, or do I have to be clearer with the explanation? :)

• rob
    rob
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi, @JohannesKnust. I'm sorry for the delayed response here. The custom templates for vault items feature is in beta in our administrator settings for Business accounts, rather than in the desktop apps specifically, so I've moved your post to "Business and Teams".

How to sort the list of vaults item templates when creating a new vault in the desktop client?
    (To be precise, while the Vault Private is selected the sorting is not clear to me)

If I understand correctly, the new template should be sorted alphabetically in the list, not including some of the commonly used templates in a group by themselves at the top.

The feature is not under active development right now, but I'll pass your notes on to the team. Thanks for the feedback!

ref: dev/b5/b5#14221

This discussion has been closed.