Missing Identities after switching to subscription mode

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

I just switched from a licensed account to a monthly subscription and in the update lost 15 Identities I created.
Prior to the upgrade, using 1P on my iMac I had created separate identities for and added photos of a bunch of library cards, my drivers license, my passport, etc.
After moving to a monthly subscription, 12 of those identities are gone?
Any way to fix this w/o going through the laborious process of creating them again, one by one?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 7.9.4
OS Version: 12.13.1

Comments

• Hi @BikerBob38:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when migrating from a standalone vault to a 1Password membership.

To confirm, are these Identity items missing completely, or just missing attachments? Let me know, and I can investigate further.

Jack

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Jack. I got tied up with trying to figure out how 2FA and 1P work together and did not check for an answer yesterday..

Now, it's the next morning and checking 1P on my 2015 iMac, FusionHD, macOS 12.3.1, I see that all those Identities are back so that problem is solved.

On to the next question.

Whereas when I previously opened 1P I saw [Primary] at the top of the sidebar, I now see All Vaults/2 Vaults and the next column to the right shows a straight alphabetical listing of everything I have saved to 1P, totaling 709 items with every item duplicated.

I don't understand: why do I have 2 Vaults and why is everything doubled?

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

A very easy question for you, Jack. Would you be kind enough to give me the URL for how to set up 2FA using 1P for those Logins that 1P identifies as candidates? I see, for example, that 1P notes that 2FA is available for Dropbox.
    Thank you.

• @BikerBob38

It sounds like you did not complete all the steps during the change over. If one of those vaults is the Primary it should now be removed. That will remove those duplicates. 😃

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account - Removing the Primary vault.

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

It's late. I will check out those two URLs tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.
    Thanks for the help, Tommy.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

I was delighted to see how simple it was to fix the duplicates I found after moving from a license version of 1P to the subscription mode.
    Problem one solved.
    While I am checking out the second URL you sent, Tommy, may I trouble you for a link to instructions how I do the same thing on my iPhone and iPad running the latest OS on both?
    Your continued patience greatly appreciated. Really.

• @BikerBob38

I'm happy to hear that you were able to fix the duplicated items issue. 😊

While I am checking out the second URL you sent, Tommy, may I trouble you for a link to instructions how I do the same thing on my iPhone and iPad running the latest OS on both?

Here's a direct link to our guide on how to use 1Password as your authenticator app on the iPhone and iPad: https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/?ios#to-save-your-qr-code-in-the-apps

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.