1Password with Chrome on iOS?

Options
Stevenas
Stevenas
Community Member

Does 1Password even work with Chrome in iOS?
Doesn’t seem like it to me. I’m mean like remembering new logins or suggesting new passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Stevenas:

To fill and save passwords on your iOS device in the Chrome browser, you'll first need to set up AutoFill. Here are the steps:

1. On the Home screen of your iOS device, tap on the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

If you have iCloud Keychain selected here, I'd suggest deselecting it so you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.

Once AutoFill is setup, you can fill and save your passwords by following our support guide here: 1Password - Fill, save, and create passwords.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alvin

• wrigs33
    wrigs33
    Community Member
    Options

I have AutoFill enabled and set to 1Password in iOS settings. It works fine in Safari. However, in both Chrome and Edge (which is based on Chromium), AutoFill does not work AT ALL. I am still in trial with 1Password, and I won't be able to use it unless I can make Autofill work in Chrome.

• Hi @wrigs33:

Just as a quick test, if you navigate to https://fill.dev/form/login-simple in Safari on your device, and tap in the username or password field, do you see a Passwords button in the QuickType bar above the keyboard? Let me know!

Jack

• wrigs33
    wrigs33
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, yep. I consistently get the Passwords button in Safari, Chrome, and Edge. The issue that I have is that forms aren't actually auto-filling unless I press the Passwords button and manually choose the saved credentials. At least in Safari, the saved credentials are shown as an option at the top of the keyboard.

• @wrigs33

Thank you for the reply. Whether you see a login suggestion or you see the "Passwords" prompt on top of your keyboard is something that is controlled by Password AutoFill and not 1Password. Password AutoFill is the iOS technology that detects and fills your login information in browsers and other apps on the iPhone and iPad.

I have personally noticed that I most often see a login suggestion in Safari and I see the "Passwords" prompt in other browsers and apps. However, this isn't something that 1Password can control since we only provide the data for the Password AutoFill experience.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.