Adding family plan to existing business username

Options
davida23902
davida23902
Community Member

I have been using 1password at work. My co-worker sent me an invitation me to join their team and that's how I signed up for 1Password. I don't pay for that account. Now I want to add to my account a family plan that has a separate shared vault and invite my partner to it. How do I do this? When I tried to sign up for a family account the website seemed to prompt me to sign up for a completely new account, but I want to have both my work and family vaults linked to my one existing account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Adding family plan to existing business username

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @davida23902:

Great question!

Other than a free 1Password Families membership if your company uses 1Password Business (https://support.1password.com/link-family/), each 1Password membership is completely independent from one another.

Since you've previously been using 1Password at work, that would be a 1Password Business or 1Password Teams account. If you wanted to use 1Password with your family, you would then create a separate 1Password Families membership, and invite your family as needed. For some more details on how this works, see here: How to use multiple accounts

Jack

This discussion has been closed.