my 1password application logs itself out after 10 minutes. can that be changed to a longer time.

Mark88888
Mark88888
Community Member

I sign into 1Password and 10 minutes later it signs out. How do I lengthen the time it stays logged in?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto logout change

Comments

• Mark88888
    Mark88888
    Community Member

application keeps logging out after 10 minutes. how to change

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:auto logout change

• Hi @Mark88888:

Great question! To confirm, are you referring to 1Password locking itself? If so, you can adjust the lock timer by following these steps:
    1. Click the three dot menu next to "1Password", then choose Settings
    2. Choose Security
    3. Adjust the setting "Lock after the system is idle for" to the option you'd like

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Mark88888
    Mark88888
    Community Member

Thanks Jack, I did just that. and it worked. I chose to keep my application unlocked until I turn off my computer. I checked and it locks the 1Password program if I turn off my computer, or if I put it in Sleep. I will say I wish there was an option of choosing to lock the program after 2 hours, or three hours, or four hours. It is one hour, or never. That puts me in a bind, but maybe it will be fixed someday. Anyway I prefer never, to one hour, or less. I mention that I have a long password so it is a lot of trouble to log into the 1Password application but it is not so bad, once a day. Thanks again. David

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022

Hi @Mark88888, thank you for this suggestion. I'm happy to say that feature is on its way!

We have added some more extensive lock setting options in the latest 1Password Beta release (8.7), so it likely won't be too long until this makes it to a Production update as well. While I can't offer specifics on when exactly that will happen, I can tell you that we've heard this request from other folks as well, and as a result the feature is now making its way through the development process (as its inclusion in the Beta builds shows). I hope this is helpful - keep checking for updates periodically!

This discussion has been closed.