Missing translation in sidebar

Options
FreyCarsten
FreyCarsten
Community Member

On iPad in the sidebar it seems to be missing translations
I‘m German and therefore using my iPhone/iPad in German.
In the sidebar are some titles translated and some are not

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700090]
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5 Beta2

Comments

• Hi @FreyCarsten Thanks for pointing these out, I double checked the code and we are translating these but haven't gotten the newest translated strings sets back so they default to English. We should have some new translations in the next update!

• FreyCarsten
    FreyCarsten
    Community Member
    Options

Great
    if I can help you with any translations in German just let me know

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also here to help translate your apps into German. 😁

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

I can participate in the French translation (but I think the translations are no longer public :-/)

I have this error page:

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey all👋🏾, i'm happy to set you all up on CrowdIn to help proofread our translations - we have limited our translation work to paid translators but we are always looking for folks to help proofread the translations we get back. If that sounds like something you would all like to help us out with, please send an email to support@1password.com with the your CrowdIn email and use the following heading: Volunteer Translator - Language and I will reach out to you to set it all up.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Aggie_1P !

please send an email to support@1password.com

Done. 👍

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Idem!

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thank you both! @DenalB @JuCos
    Watch out for approval emails from CrowdIn shortly. I am also looking into getting you both a discount on your subscriptions for helping us out! More details on this will be communicated by email🙂

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Any reason why my previous message was deleted?? I wasn’t asking for anything weird or out of context…
    I’m a bit puzzled :-)

Corentin

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Aggie_1P, it would be awesome!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @Aggie_1P ! 👍

Already corrected some German translations. I hope it is okay? 😉

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB @JuCos glad to see you've already jumped in! 🎉

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

👋🏾 @cortig
    I can't seem to find the message you are referring to - I have reached out to a few people and it doesn't seem like anyone deleted it. If you don't mind, could you give me a quick summary of your message?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Of course @Aggie_1P
    I was just asking what issues @JuCos had been seen in the French localization. There are other threads on the topic and I was trying to tackle the issues on Crowdin (some strings are clear issues while others are simply not showing up in the UI despite the fact that they are localized on the platform).
    At this point, the French localization there is showing up 100% completion, yet some strings do not a[[ear in French in the app.

I thought it was on topic :-)

Corentin

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

(it was in essence similar and related to my latest comment in https://1password.community/discussion/comment/637724#Comment_637724)

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cortig
    You are right, this is definitely on topic and it is a great point to raise. @JuCos did send in a number of screenshots on some of the translation problems and discrepancies in the app - we've already started looking at those.

Also, as @Ricky_1P pointed out above, we are aware that some translations are available on Crowdin but aren't showing up on the app yet - we're hoping to have a lot of these translations in on our next update.

I'm hoping I have at least partially responded to your questions?🙂

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

That great. Thanks @Aggie_1P (and @JuCos).

I haven’t seen the issues in “suggestions” or comments in Crowdin, so I can only assume they’ve been directly addressed (and finalized) by whoever received the screenshots (less work for me, which is fine by my book ;-) ) — although the logs don’t show any new activity beside mine yet…
    In any case, let me know if there is anything I need to take care of!

This discussion has been closed.