Documents/attachments are not cached offline

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Downloading documents.

Comments

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member
    Options

I'm actually finding at the moment it doesn't work at all offline - even if you've previously downloaded a document.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

@dgold105 i also experience this. It downloads it every time you open the document rather than cacheing it.

A regression from 1P7

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben.. not really a "feature suggestion", it was a feature of V7 and worked wonderfully. Hopefully an oversight in V8?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2022
    Options

@igeneo

I'm not sure I follow. 1Password 7 for iOS did not have such a feature:

It appears there still isn't a way to automatically download all files/documents?

Ben

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

V7 would allow offline storage of docs... Once dowloaded, it would show it was downloaded and regardless of internet connection status, the doc was available.

V8 downloads the doc each time, if no connection the document is not available

A feature suggestion would be to allow downloading of docs, either all or by tag with a single click. As it is now, I have to manually touch each doc I want and I have no indication that the doc is stored (Other than the V8 issue)

• Ben
    Options

V7 would allow offline storage of docs... Once dowloaded, it would show it was downloaded and regardless of internet connection status, the doc was available.

I see; thanks. I think that is a separate situation from the OP, so I've split this conversation into its own thread. We do have a separate issue filed for engineering on that point.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#14463

This discussion has been closed.