1Password Membership Prompt While Already a Subscriber

jpmckenna
jpmckenna
Community Member

Has anyone else started receiving prompts to sign up for a 1Password membership, while already a member? This seems to have started to happen a couple weeks or so back as far as I can recall. I'll be on my Mac and all of a sudden the 1Password icon in the dock starts to bounce, I click on it, and am prompted to a welcome window as if I'm not logged in:

Comments

• Hello @jpmckenna! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a purchase window when you already have a 1Password membership. Can you tell me if you have a "Primary" standalone vault that isn't part of your 1Password account? You can check for a Primary vault on your Mac by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on the Vaults option in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
    3. Click on Switch to Vault.
    4. Do you see a Primary vault listed?

If you don't see a "Primary" vault then are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac or the website version? I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• jpmckenna
    jpmckenna
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P πŸ‘‹,

Thanks for replying back. I checked and do not see a primary vault, just my 1Password account vaults when follow those steps. I am using the Mac App Store version right now, but could give the website version a try if you think that'll help. I was being lazy when I got my new M1 Mac and just tried to bring down as much as I could from the Mac App Store. πŸ˜ƒ

• @jpmckenna

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you've run into a known issue that our developers are already investigating. The issue causes some users who already have a 1Password membership to still see the purchase window in the 1Password for Mac app. We're hoping to release a permanent fix in the future. In the meantime, the issue only affects the Mac App Store version of the app so switching over to the website version will fix things for you. Here's a guide that will show you how to switch:

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the App Store on your Mac

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you run into any issues. 😊

ref: dev/apple/issues#5625

• jpmckenna
    jpmckenna
    Community Member

No worries. Glad you guys are aware. I will use the website version for now. It wasn't anything inconveniencing, just some odd behavior I thought I should report. Thanks again!

• @jpmckenna

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.