Vivaldi extension is not working as expected when Chrome is not installed.

Options
grpvw
grpvw
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I started to use a new Macbook Air M1 with Vivaldi, and have some issues with the browser plugin.

I tried both the beta and stable version of the plugin the same following issues:
1. When I close the browser, the extension locks, even if I set in the option to be unlocked. Also it doesn't connect automatically if the 1Password application already unlocked.
2. On the top bar of the OS, there is a suggestion to install 1Password in Vivalidi, when it's already installed.

By the way, works as expected in Google Chrome.
After installing Google Chrome, even if the Chrome is closed, the extension surprisingly started to works as expected in Vivaldi.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @grpvw ,

I'd think 1Password is working correctly for you in the Vivaldi browser now. Allow me to explain what happened:

The native messaging files that are required for 1Password in the Vivaldi browser to talk with the desktop app will not be created automatically. That's why you are having the issues before. Gladly, you've discovered the workaround to create those files.

When you install 1Password in Chrome, the native messaging files are created for the communication. Vivaldi browser can use those files to establish the proper connection.

Now your 1Password in Vivaldi should share the same auto-lock settings as your 1Password desktop app.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.