How did this stuff get in my Archive?

DavidNY
DavidNY
Community Member

As far as I can recall, I have never used the Archive feature. (I'm one of those people who long ago made an "Archived" vault and use it out of habit). So I'm surprised to see that I have a bunch of stuff in my Archive! And most of them are old versions of things I still have in my Primary vault. Do things get moved into the Archive automatically for any reason? When I update them or anything else like that?

(Or have I accidentally put things in the Archive when I meant to move them to the "Archived" vault? I'm pretty sure I haven't, but maybe?)

1Password Version: Mac 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2022

Hello @DavidNY! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I understand that you're seeing items in the Archive that you don't remember archiving. The explanation is likely one of the following:

• When the Archive was introduced last year any items that had previously been in your Trash would have been placed in the Archive.
    • Prior to version 7.8.7 of 1Password for Mac, items moved to another vault would also have been archived in the source vault:

Fixed an issue that would cause items to be archived in the source vault when doing a move of an item to a secondary vault. {#5357}

Please let me know if that helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• DavidNY
    DavidNY
    Community Member

Oh I'll bet that's exactly what happened. Thanks for the explanation!

• @DavidNY

I'm happy to hear that my post helped explain things. ๐Ÿ˜Š

This discussion has been closed.