Can no longer afford 1pass, want to save passwords for mac

JJ77
JJ77
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Lounge

Hello, I exported the passwords for each of my vaults via Export>All Items>enter master password>selected .CSV

What is the difference between .CSV for iCloud Keychain and the other .CSV.

I did this on a mac, and when I opened the non icloud keychain .csv (I want to transfer my passwords to another password manager, not to my keychain) it first opened in pages, and it was all scattered and I couldnt see everything, Then I opened the same file in Excel, and it looked better, but it said "Possible Data Loss: Some features might be lost if you save this workbook in the comma-delineated (.CSV) format. To preserve these features, save it in an excel file format"

So, I want to transfer these passwords to lastpass (free version) (I love 1pass and want to keep it, I just cant afford it right now) on both mac and windows.

When I went to save the file as an excel format, there were like 20 different formats, and I didnt know which once to choose.

I also exported all 3 vaults again as the iCloud Keychain .CSV format, and when I opened that with Pages, it looked a lot better and looked like they were all there.

Do I just have to export them on my mac as the iCloud .csv, and again on windows as the other .csv and open it in Excel? And on Windows, will it give me the same warning message that my excel for mac did?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited April 2022

@JJ77

I'm sorry to hear about the hardship you're having. We would love to see what we can do to help you out. I see that you already contacted us via email, as well - let's continue the conversation there to keep everything in one place. We look forward to helping. 😊

ref: BEA-46193-618

This discussion has been closed.