After family member account recovery, web login OK but Android login ERROR

Options
paulinco
paulinco
Community Member

I'm the admin for our family account. My wife's phone just died and we're re-installing 1P. She did not save her key and didn't remember her password so I had to recover her account. She can login to the 1P web site but cannot login to the Android app.

After installing the app, we are choosing "Already using 1Password? -> 1Password.com". Next screen shows her email and FOUND 1 SAVED ACCOUNT. We choose that account and use her password. The app says "ERROR Check your network connection and make sure the sign-in address is correct".

To make sure we're following directions, I recovered her account twice. The ERROR on the Android app occurred both times. I have also simplified her password so it is using just letter and numbers, no special characters.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S22

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to login android

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@paulinco Account recovery generates a new secret key. Did the Android app give you the opportunity to enter her new secret key? If not, try choosing the option for someone who is new to 1Password.

By the way, check that the 1Password entry in her Private vault has been updated with the new secret key.

• paulinco
    paulinco
    Community Member
    Options

You can only use the new secret key if you choose "create an account". Which I tried and it says that she already has an account.

Her private vault is using the new key.

• Hello @paulinco thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear your wife is having trouble signing in. I suspect @rootzero is on the right page with this issue (thanks for your comment rootzero!).

Can your wife still sign in to her account on 1Password.com? If so, she can download a new copy of her Emergency Kit to help make sure everything's up to date. To download the Emergency Kit she can follow these steps: Sign in on 1Password.com > Click her name > My Profile > Save Emergency Kit > Select a file location and save.

After saving her Emergency Kit she can uninstall 1Password for Android then re-install the app and sign back in with the information on the new Emergency Kit. After re-installing are you still running into that error? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.