Has 1password removed qrcode scanning from the desktop app when adding a new device???

Options
kWright
kWright
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Linux

I just performed my yearly fresh install of my OS's everything went great with Android, IOS, MacOS, and Windows. When I got to my Linux machine running Ubuntu 22.04 there is no option to add a device by scanning. With all my other devices I used android mobile device to add all accounts using those deivces to scan the qr code provided in the mobile app. With Linux there is no option to scan the QR code which means i have to manually and annoyingly waste time trying to type the Secret out (granted i only do this once a year). I also don't see an option in the browser to scan the qrcode on my phone.

Is this expected or have i just installed the wrong version?? I really enjoyed this feature as it made it much faster to setup new devices.

Ubuntu 22.04
1Passeord 8.6.1

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04

Comments

• hi, @kWright .

I don't think we've changed anything recently. I'm on 8.7.0, and I'm seeing it in our account sign-in screen.

Assuming you don't have any accounts added to the desktop application, when you click on Sign In you should get a modal with these options:

• Sign in on 1Password.com
    • Sign in with Emergency Kit
    • Scan Setup Code
    • Enter account details

If you don't see that list on 8.6, could you quickly try out 8.7?

• kWright
    kWright
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Savanni, Thanks for the response tested with snap store 8.7-beta same thing there is no option to scan the qr code from another device

• This is very strange. I just installed 8.7.0-95 from the snap store and these are the sign-in options I'm able to see.

Could you go to Settings > About, and let me know what number appears in under the 1Password for Linux 8.7.0 line? It will be of the form "8.0.700095, on BETA channel".

This discussion has been closed.