How Do I Add Custom Icons For iOS/iPadOS in 2022?

Options
everydayrice
everydayrice
Community Member

Hello,

I primarily use 1Password on my iPhone and iPad Pro. Most of the information found via Google search are outdated and the ones that aren’t outdated show the same question I am asking but for MacOS or Windows.

As the title states, how do I add custom icons for my 1Password items on my iPhone (iOS) and iPad (iPadOS)?

I tried tapping on ‘Edit’ and double tapping, long-tapping, double long-tapping, force touch, triple tapping, and more on the item icon but nothing happens. I’ve tried both on iPhone and iPad. If this is not a currently available feature where can I submit a request to have this feature implemented?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.4.1, iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• Hello @everydayrice! 👋

At the moment, custom icons can be added using 1Password.com or using the 1Password desktop app and they will then appear in the 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad. That being said, I agree that the ability to add custom icons using the iOS app would be very useful and I have added your feature request to our internal tracker so our developers can consider it as they are discussing new features to add to future versions of 1Password for iOS.

Thank you for the great suggestion! 😊

ref: IDEA-I-553

• everydayrice
    everydayrice
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,

This feature would be very convenient for sure! I travel a lot and hate pulling out my MacBook. Thanks for submitting a feature request for me. I will be looking forward to this feature if the developers decide to implement it.

Thanks!

• @everydayrice

Hopefully adding custom icons using the 1Password app on the iPhone and iPad will be added in a future version. I did forget to mention that we're currently already testing this functionality in the early access version of 1Password 8 for iOS so keep your eye on our social media for exciting announcements ahead. 😉

You can read more about the early access version of 1Password 8 here: 1Password 8 for iOS is Now in Early Access

Thank you again for the suggestion! 😊

This discussion has been closed.