Cannot unlock 1Password to allow ssh access because reappearing info dialog

Options

I have 1P 8 beta running, but the mian window is locked. An application wants to access an ssh key and I allow that. But before I can enter my password to unlock 1P, the modal dialog is appearing again taking focus. Even quitting the application that requests access did not help, only quitting 1P and the application.
It should be possible after showing that dialog to log in. (I had made a screen recording but cannot upload .mov files)

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member
    Options

additional info: this only is a problem on my iMac, on my MacBook which has a fingerprint sensor, I can unlock with this.

• Hello @pjm, thank you for letting us know about this issue. We've received some reports from other customers about it as well.

I have filed a request for our developers to look into this, and have added your observations here to that report. Thank you for letting us know - and we'll hope to have more for you on this soon.

ref: dev/core/core#14789

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member
    Options

Another observation: In my case I have IntelliJ running with the GitToolBox plugin that automatically refreshes the repository status. A second application is a Git UI app named Fork where I have 4 tabs with different repositories, these are refreshed as well regularly.

When I now leave my computer and 1Password locks, the requests to the ssh-agent are queued for confirmation. That means that I just need to confirm them all before I have a chance to enter the password.

So it's no endless loop, but not really a nice way to work.

• Hi @pjm, thank you for the additional info. I have passed it on to the development team so they can better understand the issue. Many thanks! 🙏

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member
    Options

any progress on this? I still see this behaviour in 8.7.1

This discussion has been closed.