Chrome extension not showing new items.

I've rebooted my laptop, but the 1pw extension still will not display new items. Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700111)
Extension Version: 2.3.3 (on chrome 101.0.4951.41)
OS Version: Win10 21H2

Comments

• Hey @robert1p:

This is something we're currently investigating. In the meantime, does locking 1Password in your browser and unlocking it update and show recently added items?

Alvin

ref: dev/core/core#11340

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Hmm, after leaving the laptop alone for a couple hours, I now find the items have shown up in the extension. (The extension icon showed 1pw was locked when I went to click on it; upon providing my fingerprint, the new items were now available.)

Regarding your suggestion, as I indicated before, I did reboot my laptop and that didn't fix it; I would think that would be as good as locking it from the browser, but then maybe you have additional logic in the manual lock process.

I tried different things in attempt to reproduce the failure, but was unable to. I will note that when I started this morning, Chrome was showing that an update was available; I don't recall if I saw the issue before the update, but do know that I saw it after the update. Also, I believe I had two Chrome browsers open with different profiles at the time; but I am unable to reproduce the issue by repeating this.

I guess I'll simply wait to see if it reoccurs.

• Hi @robert1p, thank you for the additional detail here. This is a rather enigmatic issue!

We'll follow up on our end with some additional testing to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your report of what you saw; we'll do our best to utilize this to track the issue down.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

From what I read on different sites, there was an outage with the servers allowing syncing for 1Password yesterday. It should have been resolved since. Is it working for you today @robert1p ?

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member

I have not had an issue since it fixed itself in my prior post.

• 👍 Sounds great. Let us know if you encounter any troubles.

This discussion has been closed.