Watchtower not syncing

Options

I have 1Password 8 installed on 2 Macs (same version, same OS) and after cleaning up Watchtower items one computer shows 3 items with "vulnerable password" warning, but they don't have the warning on the other computer. I don't doubt that they are vulnerable — all 3 are very poor passwords. Everything appears to be synced. Sorting by most recent in all vaults is consistent between both computers and I can see they both have all my recent changes. Both show the same total number of ignored alerts. These 3 items are not in the ignored items list on the other computer, and they don't have the vulnerable password banner on it either. The data in them is the same—same creation and modification date, same password. They aren't duplicate items either.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know about this, @ridogi. I'm going to see what we can do to reproduce this or otherwise determine a potential origin for this issue on our end. We appreciate you bringing it up! 🙏

• ridogi
    ridogi
    Community Member
    Options

I unchecked look for vulnerable passwords in prefs and rechecked it (on the computer that was showing them) and that caused them to disappear from watchtower and then show back up a few seconds later. I tried toggling it on the other computer to see if that would force them to show up as vulnerable there but they still don't show up there.

• ridogi
    ridogi
    Community Member
    Options

And right after I hit post they showed up in watchtower. I hit ignore on each of them and they are now appearing properly in the ignored list on both computers. So it seems I had to force the check to happen on one computer with the preferences toggle.

• Thanks for the update @ridogi - and congrats on now reaching the desired state! We'll see if we can reproduce the conditions that lead to this internally. And in the meantime, let us know if anything else unexpected comes up. We'll be here for you. 👍

• GregLiam
    GregLiam
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that I have significant gaps between the MacOS v8 (even on Beta) and the web version with 20+ duplicate passwords showing in the web watchtower, but zero in the MacOS one!

• Hi @GregLiam - thanks for contributing this information.

I believe what you've mentioned here is a bit different - there are known differences between Watchtower on 1Password.com and the version operating in the app, which we're working to iron out. I'll look forward to sharing updates on this as things progress! 👍

This discussion has been closed.