how to use facial recognition to log in on Windows 11

Options
Barbarajo
Barbarajo
Community Member

How do I set up facial recognition so I don't have to constantly type in my password on my pc?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to use facial recognition to log in on Windows 11

Comments

• Hello @Barbarajo, thanks for this question. 🙂 I'm happy to help!

You can indeed set up facial recognition to work with 1Password. We do this through an integration with Windows Hello, which is the biometric service built into Microsoft Windows. Hello essentially allows 1Password to connect to the facial recognition data that Windows handles.

That means that if you'd like to use facial recognition with 1Password, the first order of business is to set up Windows Hello on your device. Here's Microsoft's official guide on how to do that.

Once Windows Hello is set up, you can connect it to 1Password like this:

1. Click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your screen. A list of programs will pop up.
    2. Select 1Password, which will be located near the very top beneath a # symbol.
    3. Unlock 1Password with your account password (the one you usually use to log in).
    4. Select ... > Settings > Security and flip Allow Windows Hello to unlock 1Password to On.

Let me know if you're able to get facial recognition enabled using these steps - I'll look forward to learning how it goes!

• Barbarajo
    Barbarajo
    Community Member
    Options

thank you! I now have it installed! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

• Excellent news, @Barbarajo. Thank you for informing us that it's working properly for you! 🙌

This discussion has been closed.