1P8 (80700095) + Safari extension (2.3.3) renders web page invisible when extension is activated.

Options

A tricky one to describe - but, all of the 1P8 betas have had this issue on macOS, I've just been suffering with it, and finally hit the frustration level enough that let me pop over here and mention it.

I use a ticketing system known as Request Tracker (RT). RT has a number of ways to edit a ticket within the system, including modifying things like who created/requested the ticket.

When using that functionality, there's a field within the RT interface which is expecting an email address to be added as part of modifying the people associated with a ticket.

This triggers the 1P8 Safari Extension into thinking it's a login field, and the pop-up appears.

Thing is, as soon as the pop-up for 1P appears, the rest of the RT page vanishes. Everything goes blank. The only thing I can see is the 1P8 Safari extension.

This makes editing the field a bit of a nightmare. If I click somewhere else, carefully, then it comes back - but I am not a fan on randomly clicking as a solution.

I've tried disabling 1P8 on that page, but, it doesn't seem to respect it - or, it's doing the "disable" at a level that is too specific (for example, an exact URL, which is unique per-ticket in RT). No matter what I do, the page vanishes whenever this field becomes active.

On another machine this problem (and a few others) were enough to make me dump 1P8 beta, but, on this laptop, I'm trying to persevere.

Happy to take a partial screenshot of an empty page and send to support, if needed, but, not sure how much that would really help!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• @doetraar

Please reach out to us using support@1Password.com and include that screenshot as part of the email. It might yield a clue or it might not, but we'll have a copy. Please do not send a link to the item. Add it directly to your email. The team may need to collect logs and email support would be best for that.

This discussion has been closed.