After downgrading from 8 to 7, Safari Extension disappears...

bcometa
bcometa
Community Member

Very strange, I can see the 1P icon appear then disappear almost immediately when starting Safari (next to my other Extensions). It does this a few times. It doesn't appear in "customize toolbar" even though the Extension is enabled. I tried the terminal command (/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app) and rebooting, same. The "1Password for Safari" Extension for 1P8 has already been deleted. Not sure what else to try. Note: I only have local 1P, not an online account.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 7.9.4
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bcometa - Thanks for reaching out here 🙂

I've actually encountered this exact issue myself, and something seems to invalidate the code signature when deleting 1P8 to go back to 1P7 for Mac. Sorry for the trouble here.

In my case, I had to remove and reinstall 1Password 7 for Mac. Make sure not to use any third party app cleaners or anything like that. Here are the steps to reinstall:

1. Right click the Safari icon in the macOS dock, and choose 'Quit'.
    2. (If 1Password is running) Right-click the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Quit 1Password Completely.
    3. Open Finder on your Mac and click 'Applications' on the left sidebar.
    4. Click and drag the 1Password 7 application from Applications folder to the Trash and empty the Trash.
    5. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password 7 for Mac from our Downloads page here -> https://1password.com/downloads/
    6. Restart your computer.
    7. Open and unlock the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    8. Open Safari and check if 1Password works properly.

And just peace of mind FYI, your app data is stored separately from the app itself.

I hope this helps!

• bcometa
    bcometa
    Community Member

Thanks Paul -- that worked!

• Hi @bcometa:

Awesome to hear Paul's steps worked for you. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future. 😁

Jack

This discussion has been closed.