What happened to password change history and previous passwords list? I miss this ability.

Options
RobCohenSD
RobCohenSD
Community Member

There used to be a feature in 1Password where you could have access to previous passwords and the date they were last used or created; not sure which it was. In any case this has disappeared and I don't see any articles or postings about it. I miss it.

Thanks,
Robert

1Password Version: 8.6.1 80601001 Production Channel
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Referrer: forum-search:What happened to password change history and previous passwords list?

Comments

• RealAct
    RealAct
    Community Member
    Options

It appears you can still see the last time passwords were modified, however I don't see anything such as what the last password was. I think I remember having that feature in RoboForm.

What kind of usage scenarios would find such a feature useful, though? I'm curious.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @RobCohenSD, thanks for reaching out.

You can view previously used passwords by selecting the drop down arrow (˅) next to the password and choosing "View password history." Here's a GIF of the process:

Hope this helps!

Ali

• RobCohenSD
    RobCohenSD
    Community Member
    Options

Ali,
    Yes, that works. Password history was accessed differently a while back and the UI changed. Works great for me and the Windows app does have both the change dates as well as the previous passwords.

Thanks!

• AliH1P
    Options

You're most welcome @RobCohenSD! This did indeed change with 1Password 8 😄

I'm glad I was able to assist!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.