One-time password approval notification like MS Authenticator does

Options
fmartin
fmartin
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

Guys, is that possible to use 1password One-time password like MS Authenticator does?
In MS auth app for iOS it is possible to receive a notification when I want to login using MFA.

It would be very helpfull to have this feature to avoid having to copy/paste or type the one-time password.

Ps.: Not only for iOS but also for Windows/browser. It Would be nice!

Regards!

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 19043.1645
Referrer: forum-search:notification approval

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @fmartin! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for the suggestion! Currently, 1Password is compatible with websites that use the TOTP standard for two-factor authentication. When using Microsoft Authenticator do you receive a notification only when you log in to your Microsoft Account or do you receive a notification with other accounts as well?

Let me know and I'll be happy to file a feature request for you with our developers. 😊

• fmartin
    fmartin
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello Dave! ✌

I see what you mean now. Yep! Only when I log in my MS account.
    So, to have this option to all type of services, I think the company on the other side would have to implement that so that their servers could send the notification to 1pass app/desktop/extension, right?
    Considering that, this is a good opportunity to let the dev's team knows and encourage the market to set this option as a pattern for MFA authentication market, don't you think?
    As the same way as a lot of things became standard (captcha for example).
    At least at the beginning with the main players like MS, GGL, AMZN, would be amazing already.

And if it exists, please, place my account to receive notifications around this feature request.

Have a great week.

Ps.: Is there a specific space for feature requests where I can track the novelties?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@fmartin

Thank you for the reply. I believe that's correct, a website's server would need to send a push notification to the authenticator app in order to generate a notification on the user's iPhone. I'm not aware of any industry standard for this sort of two-factor authentication method as there is with the TOTP standard that 1Password and other authenticator apps use.

That being said, it would certainly be a nice feature to have and I've filed a feature request with our developers so that they can potentially look into this further. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ps.: Is there a specific space for feature requests where I can track the novelties?

Not at the moment, our feature request tracker can only be accessed internally but if you have any suggestions in the future then don't hesitate to let us know so that we can file requests on your behalf! 😊

ref: IDEA-I-880

This discussion has been closed.