Watchtower vs screenshot in announcement

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

In Dave's 1Password 8 announcement from today I noticed this nice Watchtower screenshot (which resembles what I see on iOS when using the Early Access version):

However, in my version of 1Password 8 for Mac I only see the "Overal Password Strength" pane; no score.

Is this a bug, or did Dave use a newer private build?

1Password Version: 80800007 on NIGHTLY channel
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hey @XIII:

Great question! Since we didn't want to spoil the surprise 😉, some of the new features weren't in nightly / beta releases up until today. The new Watchtower experience should be in tonight's nightly release as well as next week's beta release.

Jack

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I do see the score after today's update.

Unfortunately it has the same very annoying animation as the iOS Early Access...

Hope you can remove that (or make it optional).

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

It's still not clear what this score, ring color and pointer is all about. In order to be more than just beautiful eye candy it needs some kind of scale or legend.
    Please add some kind of caching or timeout that stops playing the animation every single time even if nothing has changed.

• Hello @XIII and @viswiz, thanks both for your feedback regarding animation of the Watchtower security score. I've added your details to an internal request we're tracking for improvements in this regard.

It's still not clear what this score, ring color and pointer is all about. In order to be more than just beautiful eye candy it needs some kind of scale or legend.

@viswiz, with regard to this comment (in case you missed it) this was discussed further in this thread.

We're continuing to make improvements on this front and this feedback is greatly appreciated.

ref: IDEA-I-916

This discussion has been closed.