1Password8: Univeral vault locking with keyboard shortcut not possible anymore?!

Options
DarkCloud14
DarkCloud14
Community Member

Hello,

I just upgraded to 1Password 8 and now tried to lock my password vault using the configured keyboard shortcut.
With 1Password7 I could do that no matter application was active but now it seems to only work if 1Password 8 is the active application.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong or is this just not working anymore?
If it's the later, is there a plan to add this feature back?

Thanks

1Password Version: 3.5.2022
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• DarkCloud14
    DarkCloud14
    Community Member
    Options

One more thing, in 1Password 7 I could configure/set a time to clear the clipboard but now it is fix at 90 seconds.
    I usually decreased that time to around 15 seconds, will this configuration possibility come back in a future version?

Thanks

• DarkCloud14
    DarkCloud14
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I think I also found a bug in the 1Password Manager for Firefox.
    To lock the password vault I tried to configure the keyboard shortcut Command+Ctrl+Alt+L but that doesn't work, it always resets to the default Command+Shift+L shortcut..

• Hi @DarkCloud14:

As it currently stands, the lock shortcut configured in 1Password 8 for Mac is only a local shortcut. In other words, unless 1Password 8 for Mac is focused, the lock shortcut won't lock 1Password.

I've been doing some additional digging, and it looks like in Firefox, it isn't possible to set a keyboard shortcut with 4 keys in total. You can see some specifics of what limitations are available here on Mozilla's extension documentation: commands - Mozilla | MDN

Jack

This discussion has been closed.