1Password 8 Mac Window Size/Position Not Retained

Options
JBB
JBB
Community Member

Just downloaded 1Password 8. My Mac will not restore the window size/position after quitting.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing this as well, also on macOS 12.3.1.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member
    Options

Repairing permissions with 1PasswordTroubleshooting.app (6.0.6), which was effective to fix this kind of problem for 1Password 7, does not work this time for 1Password 8.

• Hi @ojix2 / @Kepi / @JBB:

Thanks for writing in. This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have.

Does the file ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/primaryWindowState exist for you? You can check by opening Finder, then choosing Go > Go to Folder, then entering ~/Library/Application Support/1Password. Let me know, and I'll be able to dig in further with you.

Jack

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't (or rather didn't) because the permissions on that folder had gotten wrecked back in 2018, so it was completely empty. Got it squared away as part of all the issues collapsed into #PRE-64163-282.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member
    Options

It does't for me, either. The folder is empty.

• Hi @Kepi:

Glad to hear we were able to get it sorted out for you!

@ojix2:

Thanks for confirming. Would you mind quitting 1Password completely (from the menu bar), then dragging that 1Password folder from Application Support onto your desktop? Relaunch 1Password and let me know if you then see the primaryWindowState file in that folder after 1Password recreates that folder.

Jack

ref: PRE-64163-282

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes ! It worked !
    A folder "1Password", with a file "primaryWindowState" in it, was recreated, and now the window size/position of 1Password is restored. Thank you !

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ojix2

I'm happy to hear that Jack's suggestion resolved the issue for you! 😊

This discussion has been closed.