Can't set ⌘⌥\ as shortcut for "Show Quick Access" in 1Password 8 (changes automatically to ⌘C)

Options
ebelinski
ebelinski
Community Member

Hello, I just upgraded from 1Password 7 to 8 on my Mac. In 1Password 7, I always used ⌘⌥\ (command + option + ) to open 1Password Mini. I am trying to set the same keyboard shortcut in 1Password 8, but when I select the input box that says "Enter shortcut" for "Show Quick Access", and enter ⌘⌥\, it inexplicably changes automatically to ⌘C (the copy shortcut), and then I can only open Quick Access with ⌘C. Is this a bug? I would really rather not use something other than ⌘⌥\ after years of muscle memory buildup. When I try to enter ⌘⌥\ for any of the other shortcut boxes, it also changes to ⌘C.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

I asked this question too. Answer from 1Password programmers is URGENT!

• Hi @ebelinski:

Do you happen to use Alfred? There may be a keyboard shortcut conflict causing this, due to a keyboard shortcut used by Alfred. Let me know!

Jack

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. it's the default Universal Actions>Selection Hotkey. When I cleared it, things were good again. Apparently 1P7 didn't check for this.

macOS needs a way to allow users to create a report of all hotkeys that are registered across all installed applications.

• ebelinski
    ebelinski
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P, yes that's exactly what happened. I removed the Alfred shortcut Universal Actions > Selection Hotkey and I was able to set ⌘⌥\ as a shortcut in 1Password again. Interesting, I had no idea I had this Alfred shortcut.

Thank you for the help!

• Hi @ebelinski:

Glad to hear you were able to track down the shortcut conflict. You're very welcome, and feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

I knew of this Alfred shortcut, but never used it and forgot what it was. Nice we can get back to 1P7 behavior!

• ag_tommy
    Options

Whew, it's awesome to hear things are working out! 😅

This discussion has been closed.