1P mini field drop-down trampling Safari/Messages OTP integration

Options

For example, on MyFakeBank.com I log in and then am presented with a follow-up login form where I can have them SMS me a code (yes, it's appalling they use SMS, but I digress).

On that follow-up login form page, when I click the password field, the 1P drop-down menu (what is the official name of this thing?) can fill my password from a list of Chase account records, which is great. However, when I click the SMS box to have Messages do its fancy thing to automatically fill it from the associated SMS Chase sent me, 1P stomps on it and cancels Messages attempt to fill it.

I'm then left with the old, slow method of going to Messages and copy/pasting the code back to the Safari Chase form.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hey, @wagnerone, thanks for the report! I've seen this too, although in my testing just now the Messages integration popped up on top of the 1Password drop down. In any case, clicking on the 1Password icon inside the field will dismiss the drop-down so you can see and use the Messages prompt. Does that work for you on the site you're using?

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

It does seem like that works. I'm unsure if it did this before and I didn't see it or if that was something tweaked in the app. Either way, I think it's ok and will keep an eye on it.

Thanks!

• rob
    Options

Glad to hear it! 😊

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too soon. It does still trample on it occasionally and the only recourse is to go to Messages, copy the code, and come back to the browser. Bummer!

• rob
    Options

Hey, @wagnerone.

Apologies for the big delay here, just noticed this. Are you saying when it's covering the Messages dropdown, you aren't able to press the icon in the field to hide the 1Password dropdown?

This discussion has been closed.