Unable to login after upgrading to 1Password 8

dsappana
dsappana
Community Member

After upgrading, my main password no longer works for my Family account or my Teams account.

Works fine on my iPhone, iPad and Windows 11 PC (hasn't been upgraded yet).

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.5

Comments

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member

I forgot to mention that I've double checked the key and they match in both the Family and Teams accounts.

• @dsappana

Do you see a Primary vault on the other devices? Also locate your account details on one of the other devices. Search for a 1Password Account item in your vault. You should see your password and Secret Key there. Check the password is it the same one you anticipated? I ask because of how 1Password would unlock in version 7 if a Primary vault (non membership) remained.

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member

Not sure I’m following. But I can see my sign-in address, email address and secret key. No mention of password, only option is to change master password.

I don’t see a Primary vault but I do see a Personal vault under my Family vault.

I had been using 1Password 7 on my Mac all day until I decided to update towards the end of the afternoon, which is when this issue started to occur.

• Open the iPhone app for example and search for 1Password Account within your logins. You should find a match. Do you see your password and Secret Key there? Please check the password.

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member

Hey @ag_tommy, if I understand you correctly, when I search for logins in all my vaults, I see no "1Password Account" or "1Password" or "Account" logins that were not specifically setup and saved by me. Is that not expected?

• Typically one is created. It may be possible for much older accounts to not have one. I don't recall one for my account from the way early alpha days. However, let's not get bogged down with that. Perhaps I misunderstood. The term upgraded may have thrown me. In the context I was thinking of, you went from a standalone setup to a membership. Let's come at it from a different direction. Looking back at your original message and latter part of your sentence makes me thing you had an existing membership. My apologies for my confusion.

Check 1Password.com and see if you can login. That will let us know the correct password is in use. Please reach out to my colleagues on the email support side of things. We may need to collect some log information from you.

Include the following so that we can connect the dots.

• Your forum username: dsappana
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/129369/unable-to-login-after-upgrading-to-1password-8
  • dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member

All good @ag_tommy. But yeah, to answer your question, I have been subscribing for quite some time now and in the process upgraded to a Family account a few years back, and more recently got my team at work using 1Password.

Also, I have tired to login at 1password.com and it was successful.

I will send a support email.

Thank you!

• You're most welcome. We look forward to helping you knock out this trouble.

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member

Just an update:

I have been able to resolve the issue by disabling my corporate VPN, attempting to log in (which was then successful), and then re-enabling my corporate VPN (as required by the company). 1Password works as we expect after that. Had to do it for both my Family and Teams account.

• Estefan
    Estefan
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

I'm facing the same issue as mentioned in this thread.

• Installed the Mac Version 8 last Friday (5th May)
    • Sign in with Family and Team Account not possible (both using 2FA)
    • Tried to reinstall the Mac Version 8 and rename / delete the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password. folder beforehand
    • Problem persists

On the other hand, signin in via browser (Firefox, Brave, Safari) or iOS app works perfectly fine. Any ideas?

PS. I also contacted your support via e-mail. The instructions didn't help so far.

• Hey @Estefan:

It looks like my colleague Kester replied to you a bit ago via email. Continuing the conversation there would be best.

Jack

ref: CKH-89764-796

• simongodfrey78
    simongodfrey78
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue as Estefan, log in okay on tablet phone and through browser, but not through the app since upgrading to v8, previous version was fine. I am trying on a corporate device, is there an exception that I need to provide for 1Password in our proxy server, if so what is this?

• Hi @simongodfrey78,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue, and thanks for sharing those details. Being on a corporate device may indeed be the cause, let me know if these help: 1Password ports and domains 🙂

• kewqls
    kewqls
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I attempted to upgrade my family account to 1password8 on Mac. I cannot log in to the app. On my phone, I see the login credentials, and the password appears to have reverted to a prior password. When I use this prior password, it also does not work.

• Hi @kewqls,

Sorry to hear that, are you able to log in on 1Password.com in your browser? If so, give those same credentials a try in the app and let me know how it goes. We can troubleshoot further from there if need be. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.