I am on free trial of 1password. I've used LastPass for several years. I wonder if it is possible?

Options
em33624
em33624
Community Member

.. If it is possible NOT to sign in 1password every single time. In last pass I stay logged in, unless there is something unusual or suspicious, in which case I have to sign in with my Master Password. Any past LP users here and that understand what I am talking about?

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:LastPass

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @em33624 !

Welcome to 1Password. 😉

You could change the security settings of the 1Password 8 Windows app, so that you don't have to log in after a time period.

Also, you could enable Windows Hello to use a PIN instead of your Master Password.
    Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

Hope this helps?

• Hi @em33624, Welcome to 1Password!

@DenalB is correct (thanks for the assist). Your account password and Secret key are what secure your data in 1Password. If you'd like to reduce the number of times needed to enter your account password the auto-lock setting is the route to take.

Using Windows Hello is also a great way to help with signing in to 1Password with your face, fingerprint, or PIN. If you'd like to learn more, you can follow this guide to read about Windows Hello security in 1Password for Windows.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• em33624
    em33624
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DenalB (hoping this is the correct way to reply to you). Thank you for your answer, but that opens another can or worms I'd rather not deal with for now. My question was: IF there were people familiar with LASTPAST. Have you used LASTPASS?

IF YOU HAVE... then you would understand how GREAT it is not to have to sign in ALL THE TIME... and I believe the ANSWER IS: NO. it can not be done in 1Password, which is the reason you're giving other options, correct?

AGAIN, just to be SURE, you DO have to enter the password in 1PASSWORD ALL the time. Am I correct here?

• Hello again @em33624 - thanks for your follow up question.

You are correct, aside from any adjustments made to the auto-lock settings or through use of Windows Hello and a TPM (if available to you), you are required to enter your account password to access 1Password.

We understand the line between security and convenience, which is why we've provided those additional settings to help ease the sign in process to work better with an individual's workflow.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @em33624 !

Have you used LASTPASS?

Yes. But that was long time ago... And to be honest, I don't remember how unlocking worked there. 😉

• em33624
    em33624
    Community Member
    Options

"... If you'd like to reduce the number of times needed to enter your account password the auto-lock setting is the route to take...."

Thank you both for your help. Mike, as you clearly stated it, I will have to learn to use the auto-lock setting to minimize the number of log ins. Then again, all I have to do really is to keep the 1PASSWORD on my windows 10 notepad and simply copy and paste it as needed. Luckily I only have to enter a short number code to log in back into Windows 10, which I do quite often during the day. That should do it I think.

I appreciate your HELP, which is the very reason I am leaving LastPass, the lack of support when I really needed help about a week ago. I go so mad with my last experience I decided then to find an alternative and it seems to be 1 PASSWORD.

Thanks again for now.

em

• Hi @em33624, thank you for this reply - and we're delighted to provide the support! 😃 Thanks for making the switch, and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be here to help.

• em33624
    em33624
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll ring the bell when needed.

em

• Excellent! 🛎

• em33624
    em33624
    Community Member
    Options

Now one TIP for you guys (1P). I would give a ONE MONTH TRIAL to new users with account in other services... YES. In my case, as I said I was mad and needed to make the change. But for a normal person, probably more time is needed to make such and important switch.

ONE MORE: Not all is heaven in 1P. The videos I found were INCREDIBLY OLD!! and therefore they were useless to me.

Good day :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I would give a ONE MONTH TRIAL to new users with account in other services.

+1 from me! 2 weeks seems a bit short to decide if someone should switch from a password manager that he / she was using for a long time. 👍

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @DenalB and @em33624, thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to pass this along to our team!

Ali

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I remember some month / years ago there were a trial period of 4 weeks. Maybe your team could think about this time period again. 😊

• Thanks @denalb, 👋 I have passed on the feedback. Many thanks!

This discussion has been closed.