1Password 8.7 + Firefox, bad Autofill

Options
martiko
martiko
Community Member

Except the more modern optics, I am really dissapointed with latest 1Password 8.7. The Autofill with Firefox-Extension is so much worse than the previous version of 1Password that it is really a pain to use it.

On the one hand, the URL is obviously not exact enough so that I get list with a lot of possible logins where before the right one was at least the first in the list (or even the only one shown).

On the other hand, I often have the problem, that NO logins are shown at all (just an empty searchbar)... but after entering some letters of the url, the right login is shown and can be used.

What (and why) have you changed this behaviour? It was really good before, now it's... really no fun to use it.

Please update this (for me essential) functionality so that it work as good as it was before!

Best regards
Martin

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macos 12.3.1

Comments

• hezor
    hezor
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I had to revert back to 1P7 as 8 is just insanely horrible.

• martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    Options

I have found, that I have to install a new separate Firefox-Plugin, it looks as if this works a little better. But as it is obviously more seperate, the unlock via AppleWatch is not working.

So it I really think about going back to 1P7...

• Hi @martiko:

1Password in Firefox and 1Password 8 should definitely be sharing a lock state. Let me know if after restarting both 1Password and Firefox, you're still running into trouble. I'll be happy to take a closer look.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.