1Password 8 - Category Numbers

Options
titanic1912
titanic1912
Community Member

Hello ever since I upgraded to 1Password 8, I no longer see the item counts in the categories on the side. How do I get those back?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Item counts were requested several times and even appeared for are very short period of time in some nightly builds.
    Currently 1PW8 has item counts only in two quite hidden places.

• At the end of an item list. In order to see the count you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list. Less than optimal.
    • Integrated into the sort button. Just click on the sort button and there it is.

I still don't get it why they refuse to use the common approach of showing item counts just next to the catgeory they belong and a show hide/option like pretty much every other program does.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @titanic1912! 👋

@viswiz is correct, you can find the item count in 1Password 8 either by scrolling down to the bottom of the centre column or by clicking the Sort Items button:

That being said, we do have an internal feature request item open to investigate adding something like this in the future and I've added your comments to the internal work item so that our developers are aware that this is something that you'd like to see.

Thank you for the suggestion! 😊

ref: dev/core/core#9298

• titanic1912
    titanic1912
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave I am aware that I can use the Sort Items but I would like to see it next to the headers as well. At least give us a choice like we had before.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks titanic1912. I'll make sure the team knows this is important to you.

• titanic1912
    titanic1912
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you AG Tommy.

• And likewise - thanks for your feedback here, @titanic1912. We're happy to take it on board. 👍

This discussion has been closed.