keyboard shortcut won't auto-fill 2FA code

Options
fishbert
fishbert
Community Member

Logging into UniFiOS on a Ubiquiti Cloud Key Gen 2 device (network management web interface) with the auto-fill hotkey (⌘+) fills the username & password fields on the login page, but does not fill the 2FA code on the next page that opens (as 1P7 does, and as 1P8 does when using other auto-fill invocation methods).

Expected behavior (1P7... 1P8 using toolbar icon or drop-down menu when you click in an auto-fillable field):
1. Navigate to UniFiOS login page
2. use the auto-fill hotkey
3. hit 'enter' key or click on the 'Sign In' button once username & password are auto-filled
4. [new page loads with 2FA already auto-filled and submitted ... don't have to touch anything]
5. [new page loads showing the UniFiOS landing page ... log in was a success]

Unexpected behavior (1P8 using auto-fill hotkey):
1. Navigate to UniFiOS login page
2. use the auto-fill hotkey
3. hit 'enter' key or click on the 'Sign In' button once username & password are auto-filled
4. [new page loads with empty 2FA prompt ... subsequent use of the auto-fill hotkey does not fill 2FA code]

I'm not sure how you'll be able to replicate this if you don't have Ubiquiti networking hardware. But the UniFiOS login process is very similar to logging into a Ubiquity account at account.ui.com ... only, using the hotkey auto-fills the 2FA code properly there. 🤷‍♂️

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @fishbert:

Thanks for letting us know about this! What might be helpful is collecting some page details from the two-factor authentication page. To do this, navigate to your Cloud Key's login page, and fill your username and password as normal, then proceed to the two-factor authentication page. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then choose Help > Collect Page Structure. Attach the generated file in an email to support+x@1password.com, and include a link to this thread. You'll receive a reply from BitBot, our helpful support assistant with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and take a look. Thanks!

Jack

• fishbert
    fishbert
    Community Member
    Options

I've downgraded to 1P7 in the meantime, and do not appear to have a Help->Collect Page Structure option to select.

• Hi @fishbert:

Are you using Safari? Collecting page details is only available in 1Password for Safari (our newer Safari extension that only supports 1Password 8), and 1Password in the browser. If you're using the extension included in 1Password 7, then you won't have the option to collect page details.

Jack

• fishbert
    fishbert
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I am using Safari, but with the extension included with 1P7.
    You say 1Password for Safari only supports 1P8 ... but it can work independently of the 1Password app, right? Can I install that extension alongside the 1P7 app, disable the 1P7 extension, and collect page details that way without having to re-install 1P8?

• Hey @fishbert:

Yes, that would work as well, or using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and adding the 1Password extension to that browser: Get started with 1Password in your browser

Jack

• fishbert
    fishbert
    Community Member
    Options

I sent an email with the page details file to support+x@1password.com about 10 minutes ago, but have not received an auto-response yet (not in the junk folder, either). I'll keep waiting, but the subject line was "keyboard shortcut won't auto-fill 2FA code (page structure file)", if you're able to look for it on your end.

• fishbert
    fishbert
    Community Member
    Options

The email finally arrived after about 2 hours ... [#RCB-42656-234]

• Thanks @fishbert!

If there's anything else we can help you with in the future, feel free to let us know.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.