"Open & Fill" seems not work in 1Password 8

Options
seanzxx
seanzxx
Community Member

I just upgraded 1Password to version 8.
The "Open & Fill" doesn't seem to work.

I selected one item, e.g. Facebook, in the quick access.
The Facebook.com is opened in safari but username and password was not filled.
I have to press ⌘\ to fill the username and password.

The open works.
The fill works.
The "Open & Fill" doesn't work.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi @seanzxx,

Because you're using Safari, make sure you also install 1Password for Safari. If that's already installed (which you can find from Safari menu > Preferences... > Extensions tab), let me know and we can dig a bit deeper.

– Will

• cacloutier
    cacloutier
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. There doesn't seem to be any way to get extension. The 1Password icon no long appears when clicking into password block in website login. I have brand new MacBook air running latest OS. Where has all the functionality gone?

• Hi @cacloutier:

Just to confirm, you've installed 1Password for Safari from the App Store? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12

If you have, update to version 8.7.1 of 1Password for Mac. Quit Safari, then open 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension. Relaunch Safari, and let me know if that improves your state of play!

Jack

• cacloutier
    cacloutier
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did. I have since fixed the problem. I had not upgraded Safari on my MacBook Air to the most recent version. Once I did this, I was able to ensure that I activated the extension in Safari and that I provided for it to apply to all websites. That did the trick. I am up and running smoothly now.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cacloutier

On behalf of Jack, I'm happy to hear that you're up and running again. 😊

This discussion has been closed.