Lost the ability to hid inline menu in Safari in 1Password 8

lemondjeff
lemondjeff
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I just upgraded to 1Password 8 on macOS and noticed there no longer appears to be a preference to hide the inline menu in Safari, as described here for 1Password 7. Is it still possible to do this?

I use both 1Password and Keychain, so I prefer to keep the system's autofill feature on in Safari and type **⌘** explicitly when I want to use 1Password. It's annoying to have the 1Password UI pop up behind the system autofill UI.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• lemondjeff
    lemondjeff
    Community Member

Answering my own question, I didn't realize the new 1Password web extension has its own settings now, which you can access by right-clicking on the 1Password toolbar icon in Safari. The preference I was looking for has moved there.

• Happy to hear you found what you needed lemondjeff. Let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be glad to help.

• jason_k
    jason_k
    Community Member

I had this exact question, and I'm glad I found the answer here. (Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed like a better idea than making a brand new, unrelated one.)

Is there any possibility of better integration between the Safari extension prefs and the app prefs? Maybe even a hint in the 1Password app prefs that the extension has its own settings? (Like how the browser's prefs say, "Manage security settings in the 1Password app.")

This was especially confusing to me since the app has a prefs pane called "Browser" — I now realize I assumed that meant there were no other browser extension settings because of that.

I understand that there are probably some technical limitations here, just pointing out that I was also confused between the two.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

Thanks for the excellent feedback @jason_k I agree that we can likely make this a better experience for everyone. I've passed your comments over to the team for review.

ref: IDEA-I-1668

• jbpdx
    jbpdx
    Community Member

@lemondjeff : thanks for your post. Which option did you turn off on the extension settings - I can't seem to be able to turn the inline off, unless I also turn off the 'saving option (at the difference of v7, Filling and Saving is a bundle on v7, v7 can disable, fill but still save)?

Thanks!

• lemondjeff
    lemondjeff
    Community Member

@jbpdx In the 1Password extension settings web page (which, as I said, can be accessed by right-clicking on the 1Password toolbar icon in Safari), I turned off Show autofill menu on field focus in the Autofill section. I left the Offer to fill and save passwords setting in that section on.

• jbpdx
    jbpdx
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Thanks @lemondjeff ! Well, it doesnt seem to work for me...

and yet I still get the superposed icons... :

This discussion has been closed.