1P8 doesn't respect date format from macOS

Snesco
Snesco
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

Upgraded to 1P8 but was surprised that it doesn't follow my date format preference from macOS.

My preference is day/month/year but 1P8 is showing month/day/year

Here is a screenshot from 1P8:

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hello @Snesco, thank you for sharing this. As it happens, this is an issue we're aware of and we're working on improvements in this area. Thank you for letting us know that this is an important point for you!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Snesco
    Snesco
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P Thanks. It is mentioned in the 8.7.1 release notes as fixed but it's still the same in the app.

• Hi @Snesco, thanks once again. My understanding was that this was changed for the modified and created dates to reflect the system settings, but there may be other parts of the app where similar work is not yet complete. Are you still seeing the modified and created times not reflecting your MacOS settings?

• Snesco
    Snesco
    Community Member

Yeah, the modified and created are still in the wrong formats in 8.7.1
    I actually think that those release notes were meant for the beta 8.8 and not the stable 8.7.1

• alanengland
    alanengland
    Community Member

this needs to be changed please, in the UK we use day/month/year which MacOS respects, 1P should use the system setting

• Hi @alanengland / @Snesco:

Thanks for your feedback on this! As Peter mentioned, this is something we're still working on improvements on. Keep an eye out!

Jack

• Snesco
    Snesco
    Community Member

What kind of answer is this?
    Is it fixed in 8.7.1 and I need to reinstall, or the release notes are wrong?

• Hi @Snesco:

Sorry for the confusion. To confirm, date fields inside an item that you've added will be localized as of 8.7.1, for example a passport expiration date.

Items containing date fields like the upper box I've highlighted will use your localization settings, however the created / modified date section I've highlighted isn't localized just yet. I'll make sure to follow up on our internal work issue on this letting the team know you'd like to see this.

Jack

• Snesco
    Snesco
    Community Member

That makes sense, I hope the remaining fields get localized as well.
    Thanks.

• Thank you @snesco 👋

This discussion has been closed.