Behaviour of 1Password8

Options
raffoz
raffoz
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

Just some question, because I'm confused on some things: and I'd advice to explain them better in the website (IMHO).

I have 1Password8.

1) King Shortcut: CMD + \

• where does it work?

In the website (https://1password.com/mac/), I find this image.

"Summon Password from anywhere on your Mac.
Press CMD+\ to bring up Quick Access so you can look
up credentials and fill them into apps and websites."

But default shortcut for Quick Access is SHIFT+CMD+SPACE
And default shortcut to fill in the Browser is CMD+\

So I got confused: is it an error in the website?

2) Do I need the Browser Extension to let 1Password work in the browser?

3) If yes, how can the shortcut CMD+\ work in the browser, if now the browser shortcut is (as in the extension setting) SHIFT+CMD+X ?

4) If I try to set/change the Shortcut to "Fill in the Browser" from 1Password App, if I select CMD+\, it appears CMD+<

• I think there's a bug with some keyboards or mapping of them
  • I have an Italian keyboard

5) even if I select a new and different shortcut (in point 4:"Fill in the Browser" from 1Password App), when I try it working in Chrome, it shows up the Quick Access (!?!) [and I'm not using the Quick Access shortcut]

Tks, I'm very confused.
And very slow in my work, now.

User since 2006 💙

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @raffoz:

Great questions!

⌘+\ will autofill, or open Quick Access in the context of the app you're in, depending on how many results have been found. Shift+Command+Space always opens Quick Access.

1Password in your browser works alongside the 1password desktop app. It's easier to create new Login items if you have 1Password for your browser, as well as the desktop app. The 1Password desktop app tells 1Password in the browser to fill if you use the autofill shortcut.

4) If I try to set/change the Shortcut to "Fill in the Browser" from 1Password App, if I select CMD+\, it appears CMD+<

This is something we're aware of and hope to have smoothed out soon. In the meantime, if you're able to use a different fill in the browser shortcut, that would improve your state of play.

Let me know if that all makes sense, or if you'd like me to dig into it further with you.

Jack

• raffoz
    raffoz
    Community Member
    Options

This is something we're aware of and hope to have smoothed out soon. In the meantime, if you're able to use a different fill in the browser shortcut, that would improve your state of play.

Yes, at the moment it's the only solution.
    Do you know when the bug will be solved?

Another question: I notice that using the shortcut "Fill the browser" has a little late in response, a little bit slow: is it normal?

• Hi @raffoz:

I don't have any timelines to share just yet. Are you running into slowness with Fill in the browser in Safari, or another browser? Let me know!

Jack

• raffoz
    raffoz
    Community Member
    Options

Do we have any news about shortcuts?
    It's very strange that this bug cannot be solved 😱

Tks!

• Hi @raffoz:

I don't have anything to share just yet on this. In the meantime, using a different shortcut would be your best bet.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.