Upgrade from 7 to 8 is hanging

Options
Say_Cheese
Say_Cheese
Community Member

Hi,

I ran the upgrade from v7 to v8 on my main Mac the other day and all went fine.
I went to repeat the process on my MacBook Pro and it's hanging.

I downloaded the v8 installer, followed the instructions and now the black box that says 'Waiting for data to be moved. Don't quit this app' has been there for over 6 hours now. I think we can safely say that it's hanging.

Any suggestions? Best to just delete v7 altogether, download v8 again and sign in as if setting up on a new machine or is there a better option?

1Password Version: v7 to v8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 12.3.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Say_Cheese! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into trouble when updating to 1Password 8. This is an issue that our developers are investigating and appears to sometimes occur if you have an older "Primary" standalone vault that needs to be migrated to your 1Password account. If you see a "Primary" vault on your Mac then please try the following steps:

1. Close the 1Password 8 installer.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    3. Use 1Password 7 to migrate your "Primary" standalone vault to your 1Password account: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Once this is done run the 1Password 8 installer again. I hope that helps. 😊

ref: dev/core/core#14453

• Say_Cheese
    Say_Cheese
    Community Member
    Options

That's worked.
    Thanks @Dave_1P

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Say_Cheese

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running with 1Password 8. 😊

• Beelzebozo
    Beelzebozo
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue, and this fixed it. I've been a 1Password user for too long! Bumping to say thanks.

• Thank you for letting us know that you're now up and running with 1Password 8, @Beelzebozo. Congratulations, and we appreciate you sharing the update with us! 🙌

This discussion has been closed.