How to integrate 1password 8 with chrome extension

Options
mwintermeyer
mwintermeyer
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I just upgraded to 1Password 8 on both my personal and work mac. I consequently uninstalled my old chrome extension (that required the desktop app) and installed the newer extension that's freestanding. On my personal mac, a 2014 macbook pro, I cannot get the extension to integrate with the app - I have to login to both separately. I've checked that both have the integration preference supposedly enabled. This differs from my work 2019 macbook pro where the integration worked out of the box.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6.5
Referrer: forum-search:integrate 1password 8 with chrome extension

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mwintermeyer

I'm sorry to hear you've bumped into this issue, and apologize for any interruption. I've got a method that usually helps to get communication between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password app back up and running. Here's the steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults".
    4. Sign out of your account and Sign in again.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. Once your computer turns back on, continue with the following:

1. Open and sign into the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Then go ahead and re-open the web browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" option again.

I hope this helps. Let me know how things go! 🙂

• mwintermeyer
    mwintermeyer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that did it!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwintermeyer Glad that helped!

This discussion has been closed.