2FA on our Team Account, but I would like to have it not apply to Guest accounts

srtwyman
srtwyman
Community Member

I'm planning on enabling 2FA on our Team Account, but I would like to have it not apply to Guest accounts. Generally we use authenticator apps, We use guest accounts to share to a few outside parties but don't want to support authenticator apps for outside parties. Can you assist? Can I turn it on for individuals?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, I'm planning on 2FA enabling 2FA on our Team Account, but I would like to have it not apply to Guest accounts. Generally use use authenticator apps, We use guest accounts to share to a few outside parties but don't want to support authenticator apps for outside parties. Can you assist?

Comments

• ag_max
    edited May 2022

Hi @srtwyman,

Currently, enforcing two-factor authentication for your team affects everyone in the account - every team member and guest will be required to set up two-factor authentication upon their next sign-in or when joining the account.

To directly answer your question, there isn't a way to enforce 2FA for select individuals. This functionality is something that has been requested before, so I'll go ahead and pass on your feedback to our development team for consideration.

In the meantime, you could allow authenticator apps and security keys, but not enforce this for your team, if allowing guests to sign in without setting up an authenticator app is a priority. You could then use the team report to see which team members have enabled 2FA, and which have not.

ref: IDEA-I-970

This discussion has been closed.