Mac - shortcut conflict

mrt3369
mrt3369
Community Member

Since I installed 1password 8 on my Mac I have a shortcut conflict regarding Hold Command + ` (tilde key, to the left of 1 on your keyboard).
This regular mac shortcut is used to switch between windows of the same app.
Since I updated 1password it makes the 1password app appear like the new quick access.

The Mac shortcut is still set for next window.
1pass doesn't indicate any usage of this shortcut.

I include screen copies of those configs.

Any help is welcomed.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700098, on PRODUCTION c
Extension Version: chrome ext. 2.3.3
OS Version: Monterey 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• Hello @mrt3369, thank you for letting us know about this. May I ask what region your keyboard layout uses? This might be helpful as we try to track down what's causing the issue. I'll look forward to following up on this for you. 👍

• mrt3369
    mrt3369
    Community Member

It is French

• Hi @mrt3369:

Thanks for confirming your keyboard layout. We're continuing to investigate this, but in the meantime, changing the Fill in Browser shortcut should improve your state of play.

Jack

• mrt3369
    mrt3369
    Community Member

Yes, I did it

• Glad to hear it @mrt3369.

We'll be sure to let you know when we've made some improvements!

Jack

• oliviercuyp
    oliviercuyp
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Any progress on this issue ? I facing the same problem, this is really annoying. Could you please advice ?

• oliviercuyp
    oliviercuyp
    Community Member

Ok I got confused but the change "Fill in Browser", on my 1Password version it is labeled "Autofill".
    I changed it and it works fine now.

• @oliviercuyp

Glad to hear it's working better for you now. So far, it looks as though 1Password isn't informed of the current keyboard layout. Because it doesn't know any different, it assumes an ANSI (US English) layout, meaning that some of the symbol keys might be in the "wrong" places compared to the layout actually being used.

We're working on how 1Password can be better informed about what keyboard layout is being used and that will fix its handling of keyboard shortcuts. In the meantime, as Jack said above, changing the Autofill shortcut to something else will resolve it. Hope that helps!

• rubiroid
    rubiroid
    Community Member

Hey, I faced the issue as well after switching from Intel based to M1 MacBook Pro (Both on latest Ventura 13.0.1). On Intel based the shortcut is working fine and override any other instances in OS, but on M1 the shortcut doesn't work globally. It works only when 1Password app is active (or menu in menubar). I'm used to use Cmd+Shift+\ for a Quick look. FYI I have two keyboard layouts—US and Ukrainian but it doesn't work for both.

• @rubiroid

1Password will need to be running somewhere for those global shortcuts to work. If 1Password is quit and isn't in the menu bar, for example, those shortcuts won't work. Make sure you turn on "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" of the General tab in 1Password's Settings to allow those shortcuts to work. Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

• rubiroid
    rubiroid
    Community Member

@GreyM1P It is running, but while it is inactive, the shortcut doesn't work. I tested different shortcuts, and some of them are working. Probably, those that don't conflict with system shortcuts.
    I can provide additional details if needed.

• @rubiroid

I also use ⇧⌘\ (Shift–Command–Backslash) for "Show 1Password" and I'm using a UK layout on my keyboard.

• When you notice the shortcut doesn't work, can you still see the 1Password icon in the menu bar?
    • What physical keyboard layout are you using? If you're not sure, you can post a photo of it if you like and I can take a look.

I look forward to hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.