Version 8 is not a step forward....

Options
PeterPraum
PeterPraum
Community Member

Hello,
im with 1password since years but this update is a step backwards...

IMO: The recent update turns 1password so user unfriendly...

• GUI looks like a 1st grade pait job and not like a professional password tool. -> can you add a cleaner GUI option?
  • The move to version 8 on 3 devices triple my entries in total -> pls add a SEARCH DUPLICATE ITEMS option to clean up the database
  • The search function isn't useful.. it just jumps to the 1st item that contains in the list. In version 7 and early it was so easy to find logins/... -> it should filter out all other items like a real search/filter option

Thx
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@PeterPraum

It sounds as if you might have gotten the data imported on three occasions. Please email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of my email support colleagues will likely be able to assist you. We have an open feature request for bringing this feature to 1Password 8. I'll add you to that request.

The team has some ideas on searching. Hopefully, they can get those implemented.

ref: IDEA-I-927

• Hi @PeterPraum, I wanted to share another thought next to what @ag_tommy already offered: if you're looking for a search feature that's more similar to the 1Password 7 experience, I recommend that you try Edit → Find (or Option + Cmd + F). It acts on the list of items that is currently on screen, so make sure the list you're searching contains the item you're looking before searching.

This feature is currently partially hidden because we're testing it next to our new search, but I'd love to hear your feedback or others' and see if we can make improvements to the overall experience.

If you have any other questions, please reach out again!

Cheers,
    Gabriele

• PeterPraum
    PeterPraum
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_Gabriele

OPT+CMD+F is a way in the correct direction. You should activate that right away.
    The actual standard search function is,... unless and frustrating. It takes long to find the individual item.....
    1Password is a password database and should work quick and easy.

Actually the GUI is misleading and overloaded.....
    Keep it simple!

Thx Peter

• Thanks for the feedback, @peterpraum. We'll take this into account as we go forward. 👍

This discussion has been closed.