Changing passwords is broken, not intuitive and can be destructive.

Options
Silverlox
Silverlox
Community Member

Logging in to sites reveals old much used passwords. When attempting to change the existing site/password details it is too easy to break the sequence.
I now have to ask gov.uk for help to change a password I don't know, courtesy of 1password.
The problems arise in two ways. The program messes up recording the web site address and the process of generating a new password AND remembering/seeing it AND entering it on the web site is too easy to mess up.
The program does it all but if it gets it wrong, I have no idea what the password is.
To compound the problem Its not easy to see what password has been generated and once entered on the web site there seems to be no way to SEE it so I can either copy it or know what it ends with, just in case.
This needs to be a lot easier to complete.

One more thing, some sites like gov.uk have a different user name to the user identification numbers that are used as well.
Using the additional tags section instead of the notes section in error, you can delete it or add a new one, there is no way to edit/copy apart from typing it in to the notes. If the tag is entered incorrectly and you want to keep it there's no way around re-entering it

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

This discussion has been closed.