“That didn’t work” before I even enter the password.

instanttim
instanttim
Community Member

Throughout the beta period and now into the public release, I’ve noticed that when my vaults are locked and I click the locked 1password icon (menu bar item, safari toolbar, or safari text fields) it opens 1password with the message “That didn’t work…”

I thought it was odd, but it functions fine. I should have reported it earlier, but it wasn’t until I updated another computer in my household and set up 1P8 for my other family members and I realized it didn’t have that error message for them. So now I realize it must be something funky for just me, or maybe just even this one single computer.

Error Message

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700098)
Extension Version: 2.3.3 (20207)
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022

@instanttim

🤔 I know this was fixed earlier. Perhaps you've experienced a regression. I'll get this to the development team for some tlc. Thanks for the report.

ref: dev/core/core#11343

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

@ag_tommy do you need any logging or anything? I’ve gotten new builds and it’s still happening. It doesn’t stop anything from working, it’s just odd. Happy to collect debug info if it’d be helpful. Maybe an earlier build put something in a weird state and the fix stops it from happening but doesn’t fix it if it already happened?

• Hi @instanttim, sure - diagnostic information would be most welcome. In case it's helpful, you can find this under 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics. We'll be happy to look into this to better understand what's causing it.

Attach those diagnostics to an email, and send it to us at support@1Password.com, with a link to this thread, and we'll get started!

(and thank you)

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

Done! Thanks @PeterG_1P

• Thank you @instanttim! We'll look forward to following up with you over there (if we haven't reached out to you already).

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

For what it’s worth @PeterG_1P , this is still happening. Every time the 1password main window opens because it’s locked it says “That didn’t work.” on it.

Now on 1Password for Mac 8.9.4

• @instanttim

Thank you for following up. This is still on our developer's radar as something to fix but I don't have an update to share. I'm sorry that you're still affected by the issue and hopefully a fix will be included in a future update to 1Password for Mac. I've let the developer's know that you're still seeing the issue on 8.9.4.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#11343

This discussion has been closed.