How do I reset ignored alerts?

Options
TimBUK
TimBUK
Community Member

I set some Watchtower alerts to be ignored, I've fixed the problem with them - but they are still showing as ignored alerts..

1Password Version: 80700098
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:How do I reset ignored alerts?

Comments

• Hi @TimBUK:

You should be able to go to the Watchtower view, and choose Show Ignored Alerts at the bottom, and then click the Restore Alert button in an item's banner. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• TimBUK
    TimBUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I don't see Restore Alert anywhere.. Would love to share screenshot but not really comfortable doing so

• Hi @TimBUK:

You can access the list of ignored alerts in a few ways:

• Scroll down in the Watchtower dashboard and choose "Show Ignored Alerts"
    • Select another item type visible in Watchtower, then choose "Ignored Alerts" from the category dropdown.

After clicking an item, you should see the Watchtower banner, and can choose "Restore Alert" from there:

Jack

• TimBUK
    TimBUK
    Community Member
    Options

Problem may be that I have implemented 2FA without restoring the Alert first? The 6 alerts in question all relate to 2FA that I was using Google Authenticator with, I've now switched to 1Password but the Alert is still ignored.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@TimBUK

I gave a 2FA ignored alert a test and it seems to function properly. Please confirm if you have taken these steps. to restore the alert. The following example uses the password warning restore.

If you added 1Password as the authenticator the alert should have been removed from the ignored section. It might be best to get you over to my colleagues in email support where we can try to gather more details and possibly file a bug report if you've encountered one. Please email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• TimBUK
    TimBUK
    Community Member
    Options

Yep - that is what I am doing, but I think because I have fixed the WatchTower alert, I don't get the option to restore

• ag_tommy
    Options

@TimBUK

I was unable to replicate this on the production build or the latest nightly. Let's get you over to my colleagues in email support who can gather more details from you. My apologies for the trouble.

I'd also suggest sending a Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: TimBUK
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/129823/how-do-i-reset-ignored-alerts#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ag_tommy
    Options

@TimBUK

I was just able to replicate this and it looks as if you are correct the banner dismissal is the key. I'll get an issue filed. You can skip the steps above about the diagnostic.

• TimBUK
    TimBUK
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy - appreciate the support.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Glad to be of assistance.

• BlueN3on
    BlueN3on
    Community Member
    Options

Not to jump back on the thread but has this been resolved yet? Ran into the same issue myself a few days ago lol

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022
    Options

@BlueN3on

It looks like this remains open on our end. I'll get you added to the list of those affected.

As a workaround, we've had some reports that duplicating the item and deleting the original helped to remove the alert.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Yes this just happened to me too. I have multiple entries in the ignored list which I resolved but can't "un ignore".

• @TravelSD

I'm sorry that you ran into the issue as well. I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue. For now, please try the workaround that Tommy mentioned above:

As a workaround, we've had some reports that duplicating the item and deleting the original helped to remove the alert.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15433

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Ok duplicate/delete work. Buggy for sure. Need fix.

• @TravelSD

I'm sorry again for the frustration that the issue has caused. We plan to get this fixed with a future update. 🙂

-Dave

• brytonsalisbury
    brytonsalisbury
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this is still occurring, but thanks for the suggested fix to duplicate, and delete the original to get rid of the alert. This resolved it :)

• Hi @brytonsalisbury,

Thanks for confirming the workaround is still effective! Apologies for any inconvenience, I've added you to our internal tracker on the topic in the meantime. 🙂

• brytonsalisbury
    brytonsalisbury
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant, thanks Andrew ❤️

• 🥰

• Dax1
    Dax1
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello. Still not fixed? I have the same error.
    No Banner is shown.
    Latest Version is installed.

• @Dax1

Just to confirm, are you running into the same issue as others in this thread where you can't restore ignored Watchtower alerts in some circumstances? If you are then the issue remains open on our end and I can add you to the affected users list.

As a workaround, can you try duplicating the item and then deleting the original? That should remove the alert. 🙂

-Dave

• Dax1
    Dax1
    Community Member
    Options

I think it was my fault. I have deactived the 2fa check option in the settings.. Sorry.

• @Dax1

I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to the issue that you ran into. 🙂

-Dave

• Haulien
    Haulien
    Community Member
    Options

Hate to bump this, but I'm also now experiencing this.

Can't un-ignore an alert that's been fixed already, as there's no banner.

Duplicating and deleting the original entry works as a workaround!

• @Haulien

I'm sorry that you also ran into the same issue, I've added your report to the internal work item that our developers have open. For the moment, using the workaround that you mentioned, will help you dismiss the ignored alerts.

-Dave

• simonfa
    simonfa
    Community Member
    Options

Totally have the same issue but in the windows/IOS apps

• ag_tommy
    edited January 31
    Options

@simonfa

Does the workaround above work for you?

Duplicating and deleting the original entry works as a workaround!

• simonfa
    simonfa
    Community Member
    Options

I did, but it's annoying having to jump through hoops after realizing that watchtower is giving false information.

• Oh, I agree. It's an issue and one that's on the teams radar. I originally opened the issue, so I'm 100% right there with you. I hope this is something the team can improve on. I apologize for the trouble.