Cannot migrate from iOS standalone vault hosted in iCloud to 1Password subscription

Options
passlock
passlock
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

I have been waiting for almost a week to get help to resolve this. I clicked on the subscription on my Mac to move to the 1Password subscription, and upgraded to 1Password 8, assuming everything would migrate after clicking migrate. It did not work. Out of 3500 items only 2400 migrated. I then reached out to support and after not hearing back in a reasonable time tried migrating again but through my iphone, which still had access to the icloud standalone vault. This created duplicates in the 1Password account, but only of those 2400 items. After finally hearing from 1password support, s/he listed steps to migrate again, which was what I had already done, and once again, only 2400 of the 3500 items were moved. I have sent diagnostics from the phone and the mac, it has taken on average over 24 hours to get a response from 1Password support, and it's now been two days since the last exchange, without a response, which is truly bizarre considering I'm trying to move to a paid subscription. Please help me get this resolved. On Mac: 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700098, on PRODUCTION channel. Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1 iOS listed below.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• passlock
    passlock
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I more or less fixed it myself, but lost favorites etc. I manually moved items in bulk from one vault to another. This process should have been shared with me a week ago. The original auto-migration failed; after not hearing from support, I tried it again myself creating duplicates; then when support responded, they suggested I try it again, creating triplicates. Then support went silent. I like the app when it works correctly, which until now had been 100% of the time, but the lack of support is truly the worst I've encountered online. When dealing with a paid service that handles sensitive passwords and secure notes, functional, helpful, speedy support should be priority #1. I'm deeply disappointed.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @passlock! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into issues when migrating to your new 1Password account. Working with our support team over email is the best option since they'll have access to information about your account that we don't have here on the public forums. It sounds like there are a few issues still outstanding, is that correct? If it is then can you share the Support ID of the ticket that you have open with our support team? You'll find it in the subject of the email conversation and it will looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678].

Once I know the Support ID I can get the ticket chased for you. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.